- EPSON Canada invites all students in the Department of Computer Science and the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering to compete in the first EPSON programming contest. The aim of this contest is to provide an opportunity for students to showcase their innovation and creativity in designing computing solutions under real-world conditions.
- To write a C/C++ program to play the Rock-Paper-Scissors game against other computer opponents in the competition
- Up to $1000 in cash prizes
- The right to add this line to your resume: "Top Programmer in Intra-University Programming Competition"
- Detailed contest rules will be announced two weeks prior to the competition
- Each participant will be asked to write a single C/C++ file to play multiple runs of the Rock-Paper-Scissors game in a host environment
- Each program entry must return a choice of rock, paper or scissors, given a history of the match with the current opponent
- On the day of the contest, all participants will bring their completed program entries to compete in an open computer Rock-Paper-Scissors tournament
- Program entries will be judged based on match performance and speed. To win this competition, an entry must prove to be fast while producing a consistent winning record.
- Date: Monday, March 19, 2007
- Time: 7:00pm - 10:00pm
- Venue: University of Toronto, St. George Campus
- Send an e-mail with the following information to email@example.com:
- E-mail address
- Program with specialization
- Year of study
- Registration deadline: February 28, 2007